13th Annual Islamic Schools Spelling Bee
Saturday, March 21, 2020
Congratulations to all 2019 spellers, their families and schools!
We thank you for all your support and feedback.
Welcome to the New York State Islamic School's Spelling Bee Competition
Proud Sponsors of the 12th Annual Islamic Schools Competition
to students enrolled in Public Schools
Competition Date: Saturday, March 16, 2019
Location: Al Madinah School
383 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Prizes will be distributed the same day.
Highlights of the 2019 Islamic Schools Spelling Bee Competition:
- The 12th Annual Islamic Schools Spelling Bee Competition will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2019. This would release the burden of schools covering teachers and making transportation accommodations.
- Our 12th Annual Islamic Schools Spelling Bee Competition will now be OPEN to all Muslim students enrolled in PUBLIC schools. (We will continue to name this event as "Islamic School Spelling Bee Competition."
- Registration is now ONLINE. Schools do not need to mail in registration forms, birth certificates or send money. Parents of participants can complete the online registration form found on our website www.almadinah-school.com under “school programs”.
- All participants must have a “Teacher Endorsement Form” completed for each registration form. Teacher endorsements are due February 15, 2019.
- There is a cut-off limit of 25 participants per level. The first 25 completed registration forms will be accepted.
- Spelling Bee Word Lists for 2019 remain the same and are listed below.
- There have been updates made to the Rules and Regulations. Please read carefully.
- Participants will need to bring a copy of the birth certificate and a small fee of $15 on the day of the competition.
- Islamic school administrators and teachers can reach out to their school communities and encourage eligible students and their parents to register their students online.
- The deadline to register is February 15, 2019.
- Each participant will be allowed a maximum of two guests. However, accommodations will not be made for guests to be in the competition area.
- Questions can be emailed to the spelling bee committee at email@example.com
- We are seeking Islamic School staff to volunteer and help on this day. Interested volunteers should email our spelling bee committee if they would like to volunteer to help make this first event of this kind a success for our communities.
All Registration is Online. Click below.
Registration Deadline is February 15, 2019:
Teacher Endorsement Due February 15, 2019:
IN ORDER FOR REGISTRATION TO BE COMPLETE YOU MUST:
1. Complete the online registration form (link above) by February 15th AND...
2. Have your teacher complete the online teacher endorsement form by February 15th AND...
3. Bring with you on March 16th your birth certificate and $15 (cash or money order only).
Islamic Attire is required for all participants and their guests. All females must wear proper hijab and long loose clothing.
Please visit this page for updates regularly.
Download word lists and Spelling Bee Rules and Regulations below. Spelling Bee Word lists for 2019 have not been changed from previous years.
Please watch the above video for a brief explanation of some spelling bee rules.