Welcome To Our Early Childhood Division
How it Works?
Pre-K for All, and 3-K for All programs help children get a strong start in school and life. Children learn to problem-solve, ask questions, and explore the world around them. Our Pre-K, and 3-K programs provide children with a safe, nurturing learning community.
- 3-K students must be born in 2020.
- PRE-K students must be born 2019.
How to Apply?
- Online with MySchools. Apply online in English, Arabic, Bengali/Bangla, Chinese, Haitian Creole, French, Korean, Russian, Spanish, or Urdu.
- By phone at 718-935-2009. Interpretation services are available in more than 200 languages for over-the-phone applications. You can ask questions and request information about admissions in any language when you call.
- Our Program Code: 15KBYJ
Get Your Pre-K Offer
Pre-K offers are released in the spring. All families who submit a pre-K application by the deadline receive a pre-K offer letter; those with MySchools accounts can also view their offer in MySchools. Your pre-K offer letter includes your child's Pre-K for All, and 3-K for All offers and lets you know where your child is waitlisted, if applicable.
Accept Your OfferSecure your child's seat by accepting your Pre-K for All, and 3-K for All offers by the deadline provided in your offer letter. The program will work with you to register your child. Be sure to accept your offer even if you are waitlisted at another program or programs.
Programs use waitlists to fill open seats after offers are made.
- Your child will be automatically added to the waitlist for any program you ranked higher on your pre-K application than the program where your child got an offer.
- You can also add your child to additional program's waitlists: this is optional.
- Programs will contact you directly if they are able to offer your child a seat from the waitlist.
- Learn more on our Waitlists page.
Early Childhood Curricula
In Pre-K for All, 3-K for All, and EarlyLearn teaching staff integrate and respond to the knowledge of children, child development, and content across the domains of learning to plan and adapt instruction, aligned to the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) and the New York Prekindergarten Early Learning Standards (NYSPLS). The DOE Interdisciplinary Units of Study, Explorations, Connections, and Let's Play! are free resources available to all Pre-K for All, 3-K for All, and EarlyLearn programs.