Study Guide for Test 1 on April 04, 2019 of Marking Period 2, Spring 2019
The topics covered are:
- World War I
- Russian Revolutions
- Totalitarian Regimes of Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Adolph Hitler, Francisco Franco and Militarist Japan.
- Great Depression
- Nationalism around the world between the two world wars?
Following chapters and sections from the Textbook will be of help:
Chapter 23, and chapter 24
Review the concepts addressed in the following questions:
- What were the main causes of World War -I?
- What were the long term causes of World War I?
- What was called the “Balkan Powder Keg”? Why?
- What was one immediate cause of WW-I?
- What is militarism?
- What were the impacts of WW-I?
- What were the long term causes of Russian Revolution?
- Who was the leader of the Bolsheviks?
- What slogan did the Bolsheviks use to gain people’s support?
- What was the impact of the harsh terms of the Treaty of Versailles?
- What is totalitarianism? What are the characteristics of “Totalitarianism”?
- How were Nazi Germany and Communist Soviet Union similar?
- What caused the rise of fascism in Italy and Germany?
- Why did Joseph Stalin adopt five-year plans?
- What were the causes of Russian Revolution?
- What strategies did the communists use to gain Russian people’s support?
- How did the communists win Russian civil war?
- What did the Bolsheviks do? Who was their leader
- What policies did V.I. Lenin institute to save Russia?
- What policies did Joseph Stalin adopt to transform Soviet Union into an industrial powerhouse and a politically totalitarian state?
- What were the consequences of Stalin’s policies on U.S.S.R. [Soviet Union]?
- What caused the Great Depression and what impact did it have worldwide? [Essay]
- What rights did women achieve during the 1920s?
- What is fascism? What are its characteristics?
- How did fascists gain power Italy [Mussolini], Germany [Hitler] and Spain [Franco]?
- What impact did nationalism have on Turkey, Iran, India, Arabs and Jews?
- What Pan-Arabism?
- What is Zionism? What is Belfour Declaration? How did that help Zionism?
- Who were the leaders of nationalist movement in China? How did the nationalists and communists work together in china?