Al Madinah School
Comprehensive Health and Safety Plan
As we continue to navigate the return of students full time in our school we are sharing the multiple layers of protection, most of which are the same from last year, and are based on guidance from the Center Disease Control (CDC), the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and guidance from public health experts at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH). These strategies will be implemented in Al Madinah School in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include:
All staff and students must properly wear a face covering at all times regardless of vaccination status.
- Submission of proof of vaccination status will be required for all staff and students through a secure private link to help inform prevention strategies, school-based testing, contact tracing efforts and quarantine and isolation practices.
- A mobile COVID-19 testing unit will be located in front of the school for staff and students and their families convenience to get tested. It is highly recommended that unvaccinated people get tested weekly.
- Increasing ventilation
- Washing and sanitizing hands regularly;
- Ensuring all classroom areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected;
- Staying home when sick, after being in close contact with a person with COVID-19, or if someone in your household is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms;
- Following isolation/quarantine requirements for anyone with COVID-19 symptoms;
- Daily Health Screenings completed at home for students and staff;
- Daily temperature scans.
- Limiting parents and visitors in the building; and large event gatherings on school grounds.
- Families have a responsibility of informing the wellness coordinator and or calling our HOTLINE if a member of the household has tested positive of COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of others.
- Staff fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhering to regular weekly COVID-19 testing for staff not fully vaccinated against COVID-19;
- Keeping groups stable, to the greatest extent possible; and
- Ensuring students maintain a distance of at least three feet from others, to the greatest extent possible or prevention through cohorting of students.
- We will continue to provide Wellness Coordinators and the School Hotline
Utilizing these layered prevention strategies to protect our students, teachers, staff, visitors, and other members of their household is of utmost importance while maximizing in-person teaching and learning for all. Anyone who is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine is strongly encouraged to get the vaccine.