CLASSES / ASSIGNMENTS
12th Grade - U.S. Government
- Br. Sirajul Islam
Could not find any upcoming assignments due.
Study Guide of Test 1, MP 3 - US Government
AL-MADINAH SCHOOL || HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION || 12TH GRADE
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT || TEST 1 || MP 3, FALL 2018
- Study the Following Terms:
- writ of certiorari
- solicitor general
- per curiam
- concurring opinion
- dissenting opinion
- Marbury v. Madison
- Stare decisis
- Fourteenth amendment
- Miranda v Arizona
- Chief Law Clerk
- Why the Supreme Court might reverse its earlier decisions?
- What types of cases form the bulk of the cases of the supreme court?
- How many justices must decide before a case could be heard?
- What are the limits of the powers of the Court?
- How does the president exercise power over the Supreme Court?
- How does the supreme court determines its policy?
- Which president appointed four judges to the Supreme Court?
- Who sets the number of justices in the Supreme Court?
- For how long can lawyers present oral arguments?
- Explain the forces and their ways to influence the courts.
- What is the federal bureaucracy made of?
- What is a cabinet department?
- Who are the heads of the cabinet department called? Who are the other officials in the departments?
- What are the 15 cabinet departments? What is a department made of? What other agencies are there in each department?
- What is CIA? What does it do?
- What is EPA? What does it do?
- What is the spoils system? What role does it play in the Bureaucracy? What is its advantage?
- What is the civil service?
- How are the positions in the civil service filled up?
- What role does the federal bureaucracy play regarding the laws passed by the Congress?
- What is an “iron triangle”? What is its role?
- Secret service belongs to which department? What does it do?
- What do lobbyists do? How do they relate to the Bureaucracy?
- What do the following mean:
- Spoils system
- Foreign policy
- Power of purchase
- National Park Service
- What is a government corporation? Provide some examples.
- What are some problems of the civil service system?
- What does the department of Homeland Security Do?
- What does the department of Interior do?
- What does the Department of Justice include?
- Who handles the overall foreign policy?
- What did the Pendleton civil service act do?
- Essay: Write a well organized essay on the following topic. [10 points]
“The way the Bureaucracy has power over the government”
12 Grade - quiz 3 - mp 2 - study questions
- What is an executive order? Provide some examples of executive order?
- What is impoundment? How does the President carry out impoundment?
- What is a habeous corpus?
- What do the following mean: amnesty, pardon, reprieve, mandate, executive agreements, treaty? Give examples of presidents using these.
- Where does the president get his constitutional powers? What are his other sources of power?
- Give some examples of presidents exercising their powers.
- What is the congressional expectation of executive power?
- What role does the president play as an economic planner? Since which president this became important part of presidential role?
- As a party leader what role does the president play?
- As the head of state what role does the president play?
- How is presidential powers limited? How does congress limit the power of the president? Provide some examples.