Sr. Annzalena Yusuf
5th Grade Reading, Writing & Geography
Asalaamualaykum!! It's officially the kick off of a new marking period. Our year is really rolling by with full force. We have learned a lot last marking period but that was only the beginning. We are embarking on a whole new journey this marking period - we are Falling in Love with Learning. Browse through to see what we are learning!
Falling in love with learning is a goal I have for our 5th Graders. I know how overwhelming school can be, how much work we do and how distracted students feel at this time of the year. Falling in love with learning will help us to make our classroom not only look better, but feel better because of the work we will be doing to support each other. Learning will continue in a way that will help our student WANT to, not feel as thought they have to. I like to use new beginnings as a way to iron out what little creases we made! This marking period is filled with fabulous stories and strategies, and also --- a new read aloud!
"Those who fall in love with learning are more likely to be lucky, happy and successful people" - Dr. T.P. Chia
Some things that remained that same....
- Remember we are Muslims, so we act in an Islamic Manner.
- Respect your teachers, classmates and yourself.
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Do not call out, wait to be called upon.
- No eating in the classroom, be mindful with drinking in class.
- Complete all homework and classwork on time.
- Be KINDER than NECESSARY
List of Consequences:
- Verbal Warning
- Student/Teacher conference
- Apology Letter & Community Service
- Letter home/Phone Call home
- Written up to Principal
"Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students, and enthusiastic parents with high expectations"
- Bob Beauprez