Remote On-Line Learning
Dear Respected Parents,
We hope you and your family are in good health and Iman.
Please be informed that due to health and safety regulations some changes have been made.
- Remote learning for all K-12 students will end on Friday, June 19. Activities and work thereafter will be optional.
- Elementary and Middle School Final Report Cards and Diplomas for graduates will be distributed on Wednesday, June 24th and Thursday, June 25th from 9:00 am -2:00 pm.
- High School Final Report Cards, Transcripts and Diplomas will be distributed on Monday, June 29th from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Textbooks for Science, ELA/Reading, Mathematics, Social Studies.
- Islamic Education and Arabic textbooks.
- Remote learning devices laptop/tablet. Be sure to bring the charger.
- All outstanding tuition balance.
As the year comes to an end we pray that Allah SWT keep you and your loved ones safe and well during these tough times.
Assalamu alaykum Families,
We pray that you and your loved ones are safe and in good health. We look forward to the coming of the blessed month of Ramadan. May Allah SWT accept your fasting, prayers and good deeds.
We are entering our 5th week of remote online learning for students and we are very pleased with the cooperation and work on behalf of the students, parents and teachers.
- The 3rd Marking Period was extended to April 10th. Parents will be able to access Report Cards through Gradelink once grades are concluded. Gradelink for K to 5 will be temporary down during this time. Parents will receive a REMIND message once it is available again. Questions regarding Gradelink can be email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTC (Parent-Teacher Conferences) for the 3rd Marking Period will be done via phone. Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to you to schedule an appointment.
- The last/4th Marking Period has been extended to June 26th. Final report card release date is not yet available.
- Grab & Go meals are now being delivered. Please complete the online survey found here if you are interested.
Remote Online Learning during Ramadan:
- Academic lessons during Ramadan will be shortened.
- Quran and Arabic classes will continue to meet live on ZOOM twice a week during Ramadan. Schedule will be posted soon.
- “Brain Break” days have been scheduled to give students and families a “break” as teachers catch up with students' online submission of work. Those dates will be posted in the schedule as well.
Communication is very important during these times and we encourage you to reach out to your child’s teacher through REMIND for assistance, or email Sr. Zenab, the elementary principal using the link below or through the school’s website if your concern was not resolved.
Let us know how things are going by completing the survey for the elementary school remote learning below. Your feedback is important to us. Please complete by Monday, April 27th.
Dear Respected Families,
Assalamu Alaikum. We pray that you and your families are well. We truly miss the children! We miss the smiles, the laughter, the endless conversations and the wonderful time we have spent together. We ask Allah SWT to lift this trial from us and make us all steadfast on His Deen. Ameen.
Many thanks to all the families that have picked up the Learn-At-Home materials and have shown their support during these difficult times. Beginning March 30th all Al Madinah School students will be transitioning to remote online instruction.
The elementary school will be using Pearson Realize and I-Ready as platforms for learning, which many families and students are already familiar with. The Arabic, Quran and Islamic Studies Department will be using Google Classroom. (More information about this will be posted in the coming days.)
Our teachers have worked very hard to develop online lessons for students to continue learning, despite school closure. Parents play a fundamental role in creating an environment that will be conducive to learning at home. Our teachers have posted recommended schedules for families on their webpages.
To begin remote online instruction, we ask that families please watch the tutorials we have created below. It will answer many of the questions you may have.
K to 2: Remote On-Line Learning Tutorial for Parents
3 to 5: Remote On-Line Learning Tutorial for Parents
Pearson Realize and I-Ready student login information was distributed to parents last week. If you did not receive your child(ren)’s login information and have cleared your school account you may text your child’s teacher on REMIND. Passwords for Quran, Arabic and Islamic Studies will be emailed to you from your child(ren)’s teacher using the email that you provided the school.
Please understand that this transition is new to all of us and we will continue to do our best to help assist you with any concerns you may have. We have full trust and yaqeen in Allah SWT that all this will pass and when it does we pray that our Iman and our relationship as partners in your child(ren)’s education will be stronger.